Want to turn your Nugget Comfort kids’ couch into a slide? Here are a ton of build ideas!
Slides are fun for kids of all ages. If you use the thick pieces and support them properly, they are actually pretty strong!
We’ve made a few different Nugget slides. Here are our favorites!
**always slide at your own risk and monitor kids for safety. lots of injuries happen on nugget slides!**
Nugget Comfort Slide Ideas
Here are some ideas for building slides from your Nugget!
One Nugget Slide Ideas
This build isn’t super stable as-is, honestly, but if you place the far end on a couch or chair, it’s great!
This is a simple one nugget build with a built in slide!
This is a really shallow slide, but could be made steeper without the second triangle. We like to use it for stuffed animal bowling, but you can also slide down it.
Pair one firm nugget piece with the back of a chair or couch and a triangle for support. We use the soft rectangle as a crash pad at the bottom.
This is more like a half pipe than a slide, but we use it in obstacle courses and roll down and then climb up. It’s fun with a running start!
You can always pair a nugget with a wobble board for an instant slide!
Two+ Nugget Slide Ideas
Of course, the more Nuggets you have, the more possibilities.
The number of Nuggets needed to slide down the stairs depends on the length of your stairs. We use 3 firm pieces.
Beware, adults tend to push the pieces down (at least for us) so it’s best for lighter weight kids.
The nugget step + slide combo is a favorite of ours. You can see some side angle shots here.
Luke loves this 2 nugget build. You can climb it up as a ramp or go down as a slide. It’s also great paired with a tunnel for chucking balls down!
Here’s a similar favorite. We sue the one steep side as a climbing wall and then slide down the other way!
We love this double-wide build with one slide for each kid!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!