Want to turn your Nugget Comfort kids’ couch into a slide? Here are a ton of build ideas!
Slides are fun for kids of all ages. If you use the thick pieces and support them properly, they are actually pretty strong!
We’ve made a few different Nugget slides. Here are our favorites!
**always slide at your own risk and monitor kids for safety. lots of injuries happen on nugget slides!**
Nugget Comfort Slide Ideas
Here are some ideas for building slides from your Nugget!
One Nugget Slide Ideas
This build isn’t super stable as-is, honestly, but if you place the far end on a couch or chair, it’s great!
This is a simple one nugget build with a built in slide!
It is more stable than the previous slide but still best built against a wall. Consider adding additional pillows underneath it for stability.
This is a really shallow slide, but could be made steeper without the second triangle. We like to use it for stuffed animal bowling, but you can also also slide down it.
You can do this off the back of a couch, too.
Pair one firm nugget piece with the back of a chair or couch and a triangle for support. We use the soft rectangle as a crash pad at the bottom.
My son was under 18 months here and LOVED climbing up this – heavily supervised, fo course.
This is more like a half pipe than a slide, but we use it in obstacle courses and roll down and then climb up. It’s fun with a running start!
This is also great for forward rolling down, it is sure to make kids laugh.
Two+ Nugget Slide Ideas
Of course, the more Nuggets you have, the more possibilities.
The number of Nuggets needed to slide down the stairs depends on the length of your stairs. We use 3 firm pieces.
Beware, adults tend to push the pieces down (at least for us) so it’s best for lighter weight kids.
The nugget step + slide combo is a favorite of ours. This build is so stable it can hold our whole family of 4 no problem!
You can see some side angle shots here.
Luke loves this 2 nugget build. You can climb it up as a ramp or go down as a slide.
It’s also great paired with a tunnel for chucking balls down!
Here’s a similar favorite. We use the one steep side as a climbing wall and then slide down the other way!
My kids even crawl through the “cave” below!
We love this double-wide build with one slide for each kid!
Nugget Stair Slide
Don’t forget the ultimate slide idea! You can read all of my tips and tricks for how to build a nugget stair slide, too!
Want more Nugget-y content?
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈