Want a Nugget but not sure how to store it when not in use? Here are my best ideas to get it out of the way!
Nuggets are ultra-popular kid’s modular couches. Read my full Nugget review here!
They include 2 larger rectangular pieces (that each fold to become 2 squares) and 2 triangular “pillows”.
These couches are awesome – we love them – but they can be bulky and cumbersome.
If you have a small home or limited play space, you might be concerned with how to store your Nugget when not in use.
We have a big playroom now, but in our last house didn’t. We kept our Nugget along one wall in our living room. It really taught me a lot about storing these things.
Also, Nugget recommends taking their couches out of the shrink wrap ASAP when recieving them. So, if it’s a surprise gift, you might need to store it for a while!
Here are my best ideas for storing a Nugget couch when not in use!
How to store a Nugget
The most common way to store a Nugget when not in use is a stack. Fold the rectangles in half and stack them. Place triangles horizontally on top.
This also works with 2 Nuggets, stacked on top of each other.
Use it as an ottoman
If you have a single stacked Nugget, you can actually use it as an ottoman or coffee table! It’s the perfect height.
Just don’t store too much on top or it will be hard to get out and play with.
When we aren’t using our Nuggets, we store them like a couch. You can also double stack this set up for 2 Nuggets.
This is great if you have some space in your room but just want the Nugget to look more tidy.
Under a bed
If you need to hide a Nugget, put it under the bed! This depends on your bed’s height, and you may be able to fold the cushions or may need it to be only 1 deep.
In a closet
Fold cushions in half, lift by the handle, and put them in the back of a closet! This is great for hiding them leading up to Christmas.
How do you store your Nugget?
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!