Have a Nugget kid’s couch? Getting the removable covers back on can be a nightmare! Here’s a step by step guide to the easiest way!
Nuggets are awesome kids toys, but sometimes they need to be washed. No big deal – that’s why they gave them a removable cover. Here’s my guide on how to wash a Nugget cover.
But, once you wash your Nugget cover, you still have to get the covers back on the foam. It sounds easy, but it can be like wrestling a bear.
My suggestion is to clear some floor space and set aside ten to fifteen minutes per nugget to get all the covers back on!
It’s worth noting that waterproof covers make the Nugget foam more slick and slide into the covers easier! So, if you have covers, you are in luck. Here are the best Nugget waterproof liners!
How to get covers back on a Nugget
STEP 1: Lay out a cover
Lay out a rectangular cover on the floor. The side of the cover with the lip on it should be on the bottom, flat on the ground. Flap on top.
STEP 2: Pull back the flap
Fold the flap back so you see the underside and fold it across the other square side.
STEP 3: Place the foam
Place one foam square in the now open flap. Note: It is said that these pieces are NOT square and that one side is slightly smaller than the other. Mine measure square. Idk. If it won’t fit, try rotating it.
STEP 4: Pull up the lip
Pull the lip all the way around the foam until it is snug in place. Be sure the corner seams are on the corners!
STEP 4: Zip it up
Pull the flap back over the foam and zip it in place.
Hot Tip: See the photo below – use one finger to press the foam in as you zip with the other hand. This helps to prevent snags!
STEP 5: Repeat
Repeat this on the other side, and then on the other rectangular piece.
STEP 6: Do the triangles
Shove the triangular foam in and zip it up. These are pretty easy and intuitive.
Enjoy, pour a beverage of choice (away from the Nugget, please!) and high five yourself for a job well done!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!