Wondering how long it will take your new Nugget couch to expand? Here’s my experience with 4 Nuggets!
So you got a Nugget couch. Hooray!
You snap a selfie with the box, open it, and carefully peel the plastic off the cushions (no scissors!)
But – you’re disappointed.
The Nugget is not what you expected. It’s a sad, floppy, firm, wrinkled mess.
How long does it take a Nugget couch to fluff up?
Nuggets are made of foam. That foam is then placed in plastic and all of the air is sucked out so it can roll up and fit in a box. It can take a while for the foam to fully expand.
According to the Nugget website, it takes 1 to 2 weeks for the Nugget to fully fluff up.
In my opinion, it should be pretty close to fully expanded in 24 hours.
How long can I leave my Nugget in the box?
In general, you want to get it out of the box as soon as possible. The warranty is void after 15 days from receipt.
Best practice is to open and inspect your Nugget in case of any defects right away. Here’s some tips for storing Nuggets if it’s a gift you want to hide.
How long does it take the wrinkles to flatten out of the fabric?
It takes a bit longer for the wrinkles to come out of the fabric. I have found that the piece that was on the inside of the roll is especially wrinkled.
The wrinkles will fade over time, but if it bothers you, you can wash the cover. Here is a step by step guide to washing Nugget covers.
Does the Nugget foam get firmer/softer over time?
When you first open the Nugget, the thick pieces are really compressed and feel very firm.
The thin pieces can feel very floppy and not sturdy for builds.
It takes about 48 hours for the foam to get softer, firmer, and fully un-squished.
Any more questions I can help answer?!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!