Want to buy a Nugget comfort kids couch and wondering if it can replace a sofa in your home? Let’s talk about if you can use a Nugget as a couch!
Nuggets are a wildly popular kids toy. But, they are HUGE!
If you have a small playroom – or no playroom – you might be considering replacing your sofa with Nuggets!
You wouldn’t be the first to do so, but let’s chat logistics!
Can you use a Nugget as a couch?!
Yes, you can definitely use a Nugget as a couch!
The most common way to use a Nugget as a couch is by stacking thick rectangle and then thin rectangle. But, there are a few problems with this.
The height of a Nugget couch
#1 is the height of the cushions. The two stacked rectangles only add up to 8.75 inches tall.
To put that in perspective, a standard couch seat is at least 15 inches.
So, for a “normal” height couch, you will need 2 Nuggets stacked. You want to stack them thick – thin – thick – thin. Two thins in a row get pretty woobly.
The back pillows
The other big issue with using a Nugget as a couch is that the triangle pillows aren’t super comfortable as back pillows. The angle is off and they come pretty deep into the seat.
This is easily remedied as you can just add other cushions or pillows.
BUT I will add you really need the couch to be up against a wall, or your pillows will slide right off when you lean against them!
How many Nuggets do you need to make a couch?
I suggest 2, 3, or 4 Nuggets for a comfy height couch to sectional couch!
Is a Nugget comfortable?
The foam of a Nugget is OK, seat wise. It’s better than a cheap couch, not as great as a high end couch. In the end, it’s foam!
Want more Nugget-y content?
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈