Looking for inspirations for Thanksgiving I am thankful for this year? Here are some things to be thankful for!
The weather is getting cold, the Christmas trees are going up in every store, and the pumpkin flavored everything is everywhere.
Yes, it’s time for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving can mean a lot of things to different people – family get togethers, big piles of food, football – but for most people, it brings a feeling of thankfulness.
It can be really hard in your day to day life to stop and feel thankful. There are always stresses and so much going on – it’s easier to focus on the negatives than on the positives.
If you are having trouble feeling thankful this season – or just need something to say as you go around the dinner table – here are some reminder of reasons to be thankful.
Things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving
Here are some ideas of things to put on your gratitude list!
- Good health
- Security or safety
- Loving family
- Good friendships
- Loving animals
- Clean air
- Clean water
- Having a job
- Having a home
- Your parents (especially if they are present)
- Mashed potatoes
- Being invited to the Thanksgiving table
- The football game
- A day off of work
- Happy events in the last year
- Removing someone or something (such as a bad job) toxic from your life
- Crunching in fall leaves
- Pumpkin spice anything (if you’re a fan)
- Baby giggles
- Time to relax
- Facetime – especially if you can’t all get together this year!
- Nurses, doctors, and other medical staff
- Vaccines and medical researchers
- Your favorite TV show
- Kindness of strangers
- Travel or a recent trip
- Being single
- Fun family traditions
- Being alive and free
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to practice gratitude! Try to take these feelings of thankfulness into the entire holiday season and all year long!
More great Thanksgiving ideas:
- Kid friendly Thanksgiving appetizers
- Thanksgiving side dishes for kids
- Breakfast ideas for Thanksgiving
- Carrot recipes for Thanksgiving
- Corn Recipes for Thanksgiving
- Fruit recipes for Thanksgiving
- Cheap side dishes to make for Thanksgiving
- Non-alcoholic Thanksgiving Drinks Recipes
- The best Thanksgiving books for preschoolers
- Where to get a free turkey for Thanksgiving
- How to make Thanksgiving baskets for needy families
- Things to be thankful for this year
- Fun & easy Thankful crafts for kids
Thanks for reading!