Want to make the trendy Nugget staircase? Here’s how to make it – no matter how many Nuggets you have – and even add a slide!
It inspired me to try this build out myself!
I was super impressed. It’s extremely stable (my husband laid on it with our 2 year old, so it’s really strong!)
It is super interactive – we set ours up with stairs and a slide.
We’ve been having a ton of fun with this build, so I wanted to share a step by step how to guide with you today!
How to make Nugget Comfort stairs
I made the below set up using 4 Nuggets, but you can modify it to use less Nuggets. You need at least 2 to make this build, but just do the same thing, less tall with less.
If you have just 2 nuggets, you only need horizontal triangles in the back. Or, you can build this off a couch or sofa!
Lay a thick foam piece flat on the ground.
Layer a second, thin foam piece on top, about 6 inches back.
Repeat with as many Nuggets as you have
Put triangles in the back. 2 triangles can lay horizontally. If you have 3 or more Nuggets, place a row vertically behind the horizontal triangles – you can fit 3 vertically.
Alternatively, use a chair or couch to help prop it up.
You can opt to use a firm rectangle as a slide down one side! For shorter stairs, position so one half is flat on top of the stairs and the other half angled down.
Stairs build with 3 Nuggets
Here’s a stairs and slide build with 3 nuggets. Check out all of my 3 nugget build ideas!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!