Thinking of buying a Nugget kids couch but concerned about the weight limit? Let’s talk about the weight limit for the Nugget!
Nuggets are a super awesome indoor climbing toy for kids, but they are a pricey toy!
If you are buying a Nugget for an older kid – or adults! – you might be concerned about the weight limit and damaging or squishing the Nuggets.
The Nugget was actually invented by UNC Chapel Hill college students with the intent of it being dorm room furniture. So, it’s designed to hold the weight of full grown college kids!
Is there a weight limit for the Nugget?
No, there is no weight limit on the Nugget! The pieces of foam will squash under your weight, but it will expand back into place as soon as you get off of it!
I will say, a lot of Nugget builds have weight limits. Many of the configurations aren’t that stable and those definitely won’t hold heavier kids or adults.
If you want a super sturdy build that will hold any weight (our whole family of 4 sits on top at once!) I suggest the stair build!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!