Considering a Nugget couch or a My NooK for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the NooK.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a NooK, but I have nothing against the NooK! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a NooK?
NooK is another popular Nugget alternative – it’s especially great for Australian shoppers! They currently are only available in Australia.
At a first glance you will see that the nook looks different than the Nugget. I love that it’s go it’s own unique features.
The MyNooK includes:
– 4 Large Base Cushions which Zip-Together in Pairs
– 2 Back Triangles
– 2 Long Rectangular Bolsters
– 2 Circular Round Cushions
– a My NooK Build Poster
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
The NooK comes in your choice of microsuede, velvet, or outdoor fabric. I love the outdoor option!!
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers are all machine washable.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – black, gray, and navy – and a rotating slate of seasonal colors. There are currently 15 limited edition colors!
They have 30 colors to choose from between the 3 material options!
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
Rectangular cushions are 160cm x 80cm which is about 31.5″ x 63″
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Nuggets currently have a 2-3 week lead time on delivery.
Nooks ship in 4-6 weeks. Shipping is $80 within Australia. They are NOT shipped compressed.
Nugget sells for $229 with free shipping in the USA.
The NooK sells for $595
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||Microsuede, velvet, OR outdoor fabric|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||18 colors||30 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||160cm x 80cm which is about 31.5″ x 63″|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||4-6 weeks|
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!