Considering a Nugget couch or a Stylized Nest for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the Nest.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Here are my 12 favorite indoor climbing toys for toddlers!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a Stylized Nest, but I have nothing against the Nest! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a Stylized Nest?
Stylized Nest is another popular Nugget alternative. They have the classic play couch, but what I like about Stylized Nest is all of the add on or additional shapes available!
They also offer a cover to turn a stack of rectangle cushions into a beautiful ottoman which I think is genius!
The Nest does NOT have handles like the Nugget does.
The biggest difference you will notice is that the Next comes with rainbow bolsters instead of triangle pillows. These are large half circle pillows that are gorgeous as a sofa back and seem fun to build with!
They also have 3 buying options:
- The Nest Includes: 1 Thick Base, 1 Thin Topper, 2 Rainbow Bolsters
- The Nest Deluxe Includes: 2 Thick Bases, 2 Rainbow Bolsters
- The Nestling Includes: 1 Thick Base, 1 Rainbow Bolster
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
Covers come in 100% cotton OR brushed velvet, which is cool that you get a choice.
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers are removable and machine washable.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – black, gray, and navy – and a rotating slate of seasonal colors. There are currently 15 limited edition colors!
4 cotton colors and 9 velvet colors!
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Nuggets currently have a 2-3 week lead time on delivery.
Orders ship 3-6 weeks from order date.
Nugget sells for $229 with free shipping in the USA.
The basic Nest (most comparable to Nugget) is $467 + $55 shipping in Canada and $75 shipping in the USA
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||100% cotton OR velvet|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||18 colors||13 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||33″ x 66″|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||3-6 weeks|
|Price||$229||$467 + shipping|
See my comparison of all of the Nugget knock offs here!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!