Considering a Nugget couch or a FortZee for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the FortZee.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a FortZee, but I have nothing against the FortZee! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a FortZee?
FortZee is another popular Nugget alternative.
One main difference between this and the Nugget is that the FortZee comes with the bases as squares (so, 2 each thick and thin squares) instead of folding rectangles. I can see how this would have possibilities for building, but also limits some builds that rely on long rectangles.
Fortzee also offers covers with some unique patterns and prints.
Otherwise, the main benefit to the FortZee is that it includes waterproof liners!
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
FortZee includes microsuede covers AND waterproof liners.
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers are machine washable.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – black, gray, and navy – and a rotating slate of seasonal colors. There are currently 15 limited edition colors!
FortZee comes in 4 colors – thistle (maroon), clay (gray), sage (green), rain washed (blue).
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
- The Fortzee opened up is 33″ in depth and 66″ length.
- Each Base measures 33″x33″.
- Thick Base measures 5.25″ thick.
- Thin Base measures 3.5″ thick.
- Triangles measures 14.5 x 14.5 x 21.625″
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Nuggets currently have a 2-3 week lead time on delivery.
The FortZee is currently sold out in all colors. They normally ship in 1-3 days.
Nugget sells for $229 with free shipping in the USA.
The FortZee sells for $279.
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||Microsuede + waterproof liner|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||18 colors||4 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||33″ x 66″|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||Sold Out|
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!