Considering a Nugget couch or a Go Coconut for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the Go Coconut.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a Go Coconut, but I have nothing against the Go Coconut! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a Go Coconut?
Go Coconut is another popular Nugget alternative – it’s especially great for Canadian shoppers!
The big differences between the Coconut and the Nugget is that the Coconut includes 2 thick foam base pieces, compared to the nugget having 1 thick and 1 thin.
Anyone with a Nugget knows that the thick pieces are MUCH more stable for building, though they are less soft for sitting on and lounging.
Also, the triangles have a flat top, making them really trapezoids.
You can also order a half coconut – a half-size piece, which is cool for small spaces.
Also, the Coconut is currently available in Canada only.
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
The Coconut is a velveteen microsuede. You can order fabric swatches which is pretty cool!
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers are removable and machine washable.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – black, gray, and navy – and a rotating slate of seasonal colors. There are currently 15 limited edition colors!
Go Coconut offers 16 color choices!
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
The Coconut is 30″x60″.
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Nuggets currently have a 2-3 week lead time on delivery.
Coconuts take 1-2 weeks to ship, in Canada only.
Nugget sells for $229 with free shipping in the USA.
The Coconut sells for $489, which is obviously WAY more than a Nugget.
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||Micro suede|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||18 colors||16 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||30″ x 60″|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||1-2 weeks|
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!