Want to order your kids a Nugget as a Christmas gift but not sure when to order? Let’s talk about it!
Nuggets are a super popular Christmas gift – duh! They are the perfect “big gift” to give your kids.
But, with shipping wait times and the foam needing to come out of the box, it can be hard to figure out when to order.
Let’s talk about it!
When should I order a Nugget for Christmas?
There are a few things to take into consideration when deciding when to order your Nugget gift:
- You obviously need it here before December 24th
- You want to get the color that you want
- You don’t want the foam to be damaged or break the warranty
- You don’t want it here too early because it’s huge and hard to hide
In the past, Nugget ship times have grown tremendously at Christmas. Duh, its a popular shopping time.
Current shipping times are 2-3 weeks, but I would expect them to climb as we get closer to the holidays.
I would order a nugget 6-8 weeks before Christmas.
If it shipped in 3 weeks, you’d have it at the beginning of December.
If it took closer to 6-8…. you’d be cutting it close.
But, remember – colors might retire or sell out. If you are set on a certain color, you might want to order sooner.
Also, they could release a new color before Christmas! We never know 🙂
What do I do with a Nugget before gifting it?
You should take a Nugget out of the packaging as soon as possible when you get it. I’ve left mine in the box twice for 14 days and they’ve been fine – but that’s when the warranty maxes out.
If you have a friend or family member who would hide them for you, that would be best.
They can go flat under a bed or in the back of a closet, they just need to be out of the box and plastic.
You can also put it in a twin sized mattress protector if you really want to hide it!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!