Considering a Nugget couch or a Huddle for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the Huddle Customizable Kids Couch.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Here are my 12 favorite indoor climbing toys for toddlers!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a Huddle, but I have nothing against the Huddle! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a Huddle?
The Huddle is another Nugget knock off, and it is sold at Walmart and Toys R Us (Canada).
The reviews that I have seen say that this couch is very small and only 4.5 pounds, making it not thick or sturdy.
It is also significantly smaller than a Nugget.
Combine these factors with the fact that it costs more than a Nugget and Nuggets are now shipping immediately and I see NO REASON to buy one of these. But here are the facts!
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
The covers are microsuede.
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers unzip and are machine washable.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – black, gray, and navy – and a rotating slate of seasonal colors. There are currently 15 limited edition colors!
Huddle comes in 2 colors – gray or navy.
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
Bases are 28″ x 28″ making the rectangle 28″ x 56″.
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Nuggets currently have a 2-3 week lead time on delivery.
The Huddle is available immediately on the Walmart website and says it will arrive in 4 days.
Nugget sells for $229 with free shipping in the USA.
Huddle sells for $249 at Walmart.
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||Micro suede|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||18 colors||2 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||28″ x 56″|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||Immediate|
See my comparison of all of the Nugget knock offs here!
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!