Considering a Nugget couch vs a Foam Oh for your kids? Let’s compare them side by side to see which is best for your family.
Everyone is always looking for a Nugget knock off! A new popular option is the Foam Oh play couch.
All of these different play couches can be so confusing, and shopping for them online compounds the difficulty in picking one to buy.
Let’s jump in and compare the two!
Note: I own a Nugget but not a Foam Oh, but I have nothing against the Foam Oh! Click here for my full Nugget review.
What are the differences between a Nugget and a Foam Oh?
Nugget and Foam Oh are both foam and fabric kids modular play couches. But, there are a lot of differences between these two sets.
The primary difference is in the shapes and pieces that each set comes with: a nugget is more like a couch, while a Foam Oh is designed to build a castle.
There are some other minor differences, but that is the primary one!
I will say, I have reviewed several play couches with arches and semi-circles, and they are all priced at a premium. The Foam Oh is priced low.
If you want a play couch with fun, unique pieces, I highly suggest that you check out the Foam Oh!
These play couches have a very similar cover material.
The Nugget is made of microsuede that is soft and comfortable.
Nugget also has double brushed covers and some colors that come in corduroy.
The covers are microsuede.
Both of these play couches have removable, washable covers.
Nugget covers are machine washable, hang to dry.
The covers unzip and are machine washable.
These sets have a rotating variety of colored covers. Nugget has more colors currently.
Nugget comes in 3 permanent colors – gray, navy, and tan, and a rotating slate of other colors.
There are currently 19 colors available.
Foam Oh comes in 8 colors:
- light grey
- dark grey
- pink (baby pink)
- green (dark green)
- purple (royal purple)
When set up as a couch, both of these sets take up the same space.
Rectangular cushions are 33″ x 66″.
Bases are 33″ x 66″. Other pieces vary by size.
The biggest difference in these sets is the pieces available in each.
Nuggets include a thick base piece that folds in half, a thin base piece that folds in half, and two triangles.
Foam Oh comes in 3 layouts:
The play couch
This set includes:
- The solid bottom base (1)
- Foldable cushion (1)
- Two (2) triangle back pillows
- Two (2) rectangle arm rests
- Personalized pillow (1)
The deluxe play couch
This set includes:
- FOLDING bottom base(1)
- foldable cushion(1)
- two (2) triangle back pillows
- two (2) rectangle arm rests
- personalized pillow(1)
The play castle
This set includes:
- Four (4) Half-Moons
- Two (2) Arches
- Two (2) Triangle Wedges
- Two (2) Squares
- Four (4) Rectangles
- One (1) Personalizable Pillow
Ease of purchase & delivery time
Both of these play couches are currently readily available. They can run slower leading up to holiday shopping times!
Nuggets are currently shipping and delivering immediately.
They also ship immediately.
Nugget sells for $249 with free shipping in the USA. Shop Nuggets here!
Foam Oh sells for $279 for the traditional play sofa, $249 for the deluxe play sofa, and $249 for the castle sofa.
Summary of differences
Here are all of the differences summarized in a handy table!
|Cover Material||Micro suede||Micro suede|
|Washability||Machine washable||Machine washable|
|Colors||19 colors||8 colors|
|Size||33″ x 66″||33″ x 66″|
Want more Nugget-y content?
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- FREE Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Outdoor covers for Nuggets
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- How to get the covers back on a Nugget
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget tunnel build ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- How to make Nugget builds sturdier
- The best Nugget ottoman covers
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Is there a Costco Nugget alternative?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈