Want to build a Nugget dinosaur? Here’s how to to it!
Today I’m excited to share a really fun build idea with you – a dinosaur! Or, a monster. A dragon? Whatever your kids want it to be!
It’s not really a climbing build, it’s just for dramatic effect.
You need 2 nuggets to build this. You can use 2 additional triangles from another nugget or a pillow pack to help prop open the head pieces.
OR you can instead use pillows – bed pillows, couch pillows, even XL stuffed animals – in their place!
I used Mainstay squishy pillows for the eye balls but any round pillow will work.
I cut felt for the eye balls and teeth. Just rub it to create a bit of static electricity and it should stick!
How to build a Nugget dinosaur
What you need:
- 2 Nuggets
- a pillow pack, 2 extra triangle pillows, OR 2 big fluffy pillows of any kind
- 2 round pillows
- Felt – I used black and white
What to do:
- Set up 4 triangles vertically
- Place a firm piece on top with second half angled down
- Layer a thin piece over the second half and flat on the ground to make a tail
- Add a folded thin piece with a triangle/any pillow
- Add a thick folded piece with a triangle/any pillow
- Add 2 round pillows for eyes
- Add felt for teeth and eyeballs
More Nugget-y content:
- The Ultimate Nugget review
- Nugget Comfort Alternatives
- Do Nuggets go on sale?
- Is the Nugget toxic?
- Must Have Nugget Accessories
- Nugget Stain Remover Cheat Sheet
- Nugget double vs single brushed suede
- Pikler Triangle Benefits
- Nugget cleaning cheat sheet
- Best climbing toys for toddlers
- Nugget Obstacle Course ideas
- Nugget fort building ideas
- Nugget configuration ideas
- Nugget slide ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a bed?
- Nugget build configuration ideas
- Two Nugget build configuration ideas
- Three Nugget build configuration ideas
- Four Nugget build ideas
- Can you use a Nugget as a couch?
- How to stick felt to a Nugget kids couch
- How to store a Nugget when not in use
- How to move a Nugget
- Is a Nugget Montessori?
- A favorite build: steps + slide combo
- How long does it take a new Nugget to fluff up?
- Nugget alternatives in Canada
- Nugget alternatives in Australia
Thanks for reading!