Getting ready for a big Easter egg hunt? Here are a ton of ideas for what to put in the golden easter egg!
My kids love Easter egg hunts – I mean, what’s not to love.
We attend a few each year and then have a big egg hunt in our backyard on Easter morning.
It’s so fun for kids of all ages to just be silly and gather eggs!
One of my favorite traditions is the giant golden egg at the end of the hunt with a big prize in it!
There are so many things that you can put in a golden egg to make it special.
Don’t feel like you need to go too wild – honestly, the glory of finding the golden egg is the best part!
Easter ideas for kids:
- How to make bunny crayons
- How to make Easter bunny footprints
- Easter bunny letter – free printable!
- Bunny books for kids
- Easter basket ideas for babies
- Wooden toys for Easter baskets
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler boys!
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler girls!
- Non-candy Easter egg filler ideas
- Easter egg fillers for babies + toddlers
- Easter Bunny Bucks – free printable
- Easter Scavenger Hunt – free printable!
- What to put in the golden easter egg
- What sides to serve with ham for Easter for kids
Shop golden eggs
Here are some great jumbo golden easter egg options!
Click here to shop these golden eggs!
What to put in the golden easter egg
Remember to keep your audience in mind when stuffing easter eggs. Babies, preschoolers, kids, and adults would all have different ideas of a good egg filler.
Also, it has to be said that if you are stuffing an egg for your own kids/close friends or relatives you might stuff it a bit nicer compared to if its a big, public egg hunt. Maybe not, but I sure would.
Here are some of my favorite items to put in a golden Easter egg.
- Easter Bunny Bucks (printable experience coupons for kids!)
- stuffed bunny
- chocolate bunny
- a ton of smaller candies
- action figures
- snack foods (goldfish, crackers, cookies, etc)
- bath bombs
- cars, trains, or trucks
- swimsuit, pool accessories, beach stuff
- game or movie
- bath toys
- tickets to something (aquarium, concert, zoo, etc)
- money or gift cards
- blank puzzle – we like to use a blank puzzle to create a treasure map that leads to another big prize!
Whatever your prizes, the golden egg should feel special and “bigger” than the other eggs, and be suitable for whoever is doing your egg hunt!
What is your favorite Easter tradition?!
Thanks for reading!