Wondering what the heck to put into Easter eggs that IS NOT candy? Here are my favorite non-candy Easter egg filler ideas.
Here’s the thing – candy is super prevalent for holidays for kids.
I never really realized this until my kids were both toddlers. We had a TON of halloween candy (which, duh, halloween) and we kept saying whew I hope this runs out soon.
But no, it was Christmas and they got more candy.
Then Valentines Day. Then St Patricks Day.
By the time Easter came around we were still eating Christmas candy (mixed with all of the above).
The last thing my children need is some loose jelly beans or a half melted hershey kiss.
So, whether your kids are candy-free or you just don’t need any more candy, today I have a big list of non-candy Easter egg filler ideas!
Easter ideas for kids:
- How to make bunny crayons
- How to make Easter bunny footprints
- Bunny books for kids
- Easter basket ideas for babies
- Wooden toys for Easter baskets
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler boys!
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler girls!
- Non-candy Easter egg filler ideas
- Easter egg fillers for babies + toddlers
What can I put in my Easter basket instead of candy?
Non-candy Easter egg filler ideas
I’m trying to focus on egg stuffers that are NOT junk and are primarily consumable. #nomoreclutter
Also, a note on loose food – if the eggs are for you/your immediate family, things like loose goldfish are A-OK. If it’s for school or friends, maybe not so much. Use your judgment.
- Temporary tattoos
- Dress up jewelry
- Coins (or my mom would always hide a golden egg with “big money” AKA a bill in it)
- Puzzle pieces – the eggs add up to make a whole puzzle
- Action figures
- Mini trains
- Little People
- Littlest Pet Shop
- Doll clothes (or other toy accessory)
- Lip balm
- Balloons (uninflated)
- Mini nail polishes
- Hair bows
- Hair clips
- Light up cubes for the bath
- Mardi gras style beads
- Crayons (consider making bunny crayons)
- Growing capsules
- Small stamps
- Mini boxes of raisins
- Glow in the dark stars
- Wikki Stix
Thanks for reading!