Wondering what the heck to put into Easter eggs for your infant or toddler? Here are my favorite Easter egg fillers for babies + toddlers.
Easter egg hunts are something that I really looked forward to doing with small kids.
An eight year old doing an easter egg hunt? Not that cute.
A eighteen month old toddling towards eggs? Precious!
But, traditional easter egg fillers are things like jelly beans and other small, chokey, candy type items.
This stuff is usually choking hazards and almost always age inappropriate for infants.
So, whether you are planning for the easter bunny to bring your own kids or forced to send a plastic easter egg for each kid in the daycare class (facepalm), here are some easter egg fillers for toddlers to inspire you.
Be very mindful of choking at this age. Anything that can fit in an easter egg is a choking hazard and should only be handled with extreme supervision.
Be sure to check out my list of non-candy easter egg fillers!
Looking for Easter basket ideas? I have a list for boys and girls!
Easter ideas for kids:
- How to make bunny crayons
- How to make Easter bunny footprints
- Easter bunny letter – free printable!
- Bunny books for kids
- Easter basket ideas for babies
- Wooden toys for Easter baskets
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler boys!
- Easter Basket Ideas for toddler & preschooler girls!
- Non-candy Easter egg filler ideas
- Easter egg fillers for babies + toddlers
- Easter Bunny Bucks – free printable
- Easter Scavenger Hunt – free printable!
- What to put in the golden easter egg
- What sides to serve with ham for Easter for kids
Easter egg fillers for babies + toddlers
- Finger puppets
- Temporary tattoos
- Mini playdoh (or make homemade playdough!)
- Fruit snacks (for toddlers, not babies)
- Dress up jewelry
- Little People
- Hair bows/hair ties/headbands
- Play food
- Hair bows
- Hair clips
- Light up cubes for the bath
- Mardi gras style beads
- Crayons (consider making bunny crayons)
- Small stamps
- Bath squirt toys
- Play scarf (small ones, balled up)
- Small dinosaur figurines
- Magnet letters or resin letters
- Wikki Stix
More easter egg fillers specifically for small babies
If you have a baby and are just doing eggs at home with older siblings, here are some ideas to help them feel included.
- pour in some puffs, cheerios, or melties to fill eggs
- If babies are so small that they don’t eat food, consider putting some dried beans (or similar) in a couple of eggs and gluing them closed. Ta-da, easter egg shaker.
- Pacifier in an egg
- Baby socks
- Baby cotton fitted hat, rolled up inside an egg
Here are my easter basket ideas for babies!
Thanks for reading!