Want a pikler triangle for your kids? But yikes at that price tag! Let’s talk about why they are so expensive!
You might see one on instagram and think, oh I need that for my playroom!
YIKES! Why are these simple looking toys so pricey?!
Why is a pikler triangle so expensive?
Pikler triangles are pricey because of material cost, skills to make, and shipping costs!
We build our pikler triangle and arch (here is the woodworking plans!) At the time in 2019, it cost about $100 in materials to make the triangle. This didn’t include tools or supplies (like glue and wood stain), just lumber!
Since then, the pandemic happened and lumber prices skyrocketed.
Basically, wood is expensive. Big hardwood dowels are VERY expensive.
Skills to make
Pikler triangles are usually hand made and take a lot of time and skill. You are paying for a skilled woodworker’s time!
Pikelr triangles are huge. Even if they fold down, they are large. And, they are made of heavy wood.
It’s not unusual to see shipping costs over $100 for a triangle! Even more if you want more pieces!
For this reason, it’s cheaper to buy locally from a local woodworker or on Facebook marketplace!
More pikler triangle content!
- The ultimate guide to pikler triangles
- Pikler triangle benefits & FAQs
- Pikler triangle safety
- What age is a pikler triangle good for?
- The 4 types of pikler triangles
- Goodevas Climbing Set 4in1 Review
- Piccalio Mini Climber Pikler Triangle Set Review
- Pikler triangle alternatives
- The best indoor climbers for toddlers
- Pikler triangle vs the Nugget
- Pikler triangle vs Pikler arch
- Why is a Pikler triangle so expensive?
- What should you put under a Pikler triangle?
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈