Looking for the perfect patriotic books for the baby or toddler in your life? Here are some of my favorites!
Summer time is quickly approaching and with it comes many patriotic holidays in the United States:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Flag Day
There are lots of opportunities for American-themed book reading with your kiddos.
So while you are busting out the red white and blue decorations and planning to celebrate America’s birthday, let’s incorporate a little bit of themed reading, too.
Here are some of my favorite patriotic books for kids! We love to get books from the library, but be sure to reserve seasonal books well in advance! I will link to Amazon below for convenience.
Patriotic board books for babies
- A is for America – with a page for each letter of the alphabet
- Little Places America Is – each page of this board book is shaped like an iconic monument such as the statue of liberty, which is cool for little hands (and mouths) to feel
- Hello, America – a parent and child eagle explore the beauty of the United States
- Parade Colors – practice colors while seeing all of the things on display at the patriotic parade
- What is America? – a compilation of questions about all of the things that add up to make America great
- Curious George: Parade Day – this curious little monkey gets into trouble – and saves the day – at the parade! Who doesn’t love Curious George?!
- Corduroy’s 4th of July – Corduroy the bear enjoys a holiday picnic with his other stuffed animal friends
- This Little President – this book highlights some of the more significant presidents in our country’s history. I really love the illustrations in this series!!
- You’re my Little Firecracker – there’s a giant mommy and baby hotdog. What more do you need to know 🙂
- The Story of America’s Birthday – a great little book sharing a glimpse at the story of the American Revolution.
Patriotic picture books for toddlers
- The Night Before the 4th of July – the excitement of setting up for a holiday BBQ and getting ready to celebrate America’s birthday
- This Land is Your Land – the classic song turned into a beautifully illustrated kid’s book
- Veterans: Heroes in our Neighborhood – a rhyming book sharing appreciation for veterans
- It’s Not About You Mrs Firecracker – telling how the 4th of July is not about fireworks but more of the history of the day
- America the Beautiful – this classic patriotic song is pared with beautiful illustrations to bring it to life
- What Does it Mean to be American – a book about the ideals of the United States and a deeper look at what America stands for
- America’s Flag Story – not, as I thought, the story of the creation of the flag as much as the symbolism of the flag and what it’s meant over our country’s history
- Our 50 States – take a visual tour of the United States and some of the beautiful features and locations across the country
- I Spy Fourth of July – a big hit for any kids that love hidden picture I spy games!
- Daniel’s First Fireworks – When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with Daniel Tiger.
Thanks for reading!