Trying to serve your kids an at least semi-well rounded meal? Here are the best side dishes to serve with pulled pork for kids!
The basics are king around here.
We love making pulled pork in the slow cooker and the kids – even as babies without teeth – have always loved it. However, pulled pork is not a whole meal (usually).
I serve my 1 and 3 year old in these divided silicone plates so they get 1 “main dish” and 2 sides.
One of our sides is always cut up fruit: berries, sliced apples, sauteed apples, sliced banana, mandarin oranges, something like that.
The second side is what is up in the air. For breakfast, it’s a yogurt pouch. For lunch, it’s either goldfish or chex mix. For dinner, I try for more of a side dish.
But, if you are like me, when it’s time to make food your brain goes completely blank as to what to cook.
If you are wondering what to eat with pulled pork, there are loads of possibilities!
Below I am rounding up my best ideas of what to serve with pulled pork. I will round up a general list of ideas and then keep scrolling to links to actual recipes for some great ones!
What to serve with pulled pork for kids
Here are my general favorite sides with pulled pork.
- Cut fruit
- Fries – my kids actually prefer sweet potato fries
- Chex mix, pretzels, chips
- Veggie sticks
- Cheese stick or babybel cheese
- Baked carrots
- Green peas (I make frozen ones in the microwave, and add butter)
- Potatoes any way – mashed potato, smashed, baked
- Mac n cheese
If you are wondering what goes with pulled pork for adults, consider:
- Cole slaw
- Baked beans
- Green salad
- Green beans
- Grain salad like cous cous, quinoa, etc
- Sautéed spinach
- Brussel sprouts
(And if your kids will eat those things, more power to you! Mine will not.)
These are great pulled pork sides for a party!
You can serve pulled pork by itself or as sandwiches, nachos or tacos. Lots of possibilities!
Here are some mouth watering recipes for pulled pork sides!
See all of my favorite kids side dishes:
- The best side dishes to serve with pizza for kids
- Healthy sides for pizza
- The best side dishes to serve with mac and cheese for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with chicken nuggets for kids
- What to serve with chicken nuggets for adults
- The best side dishes to serve with cheeseburgers for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with pulled pork for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with tacos for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with hot dogs for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with fish sticks for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with chicken wings for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with chicken burgers for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with pasta for kids
- The best side dishes to serve with spaghetti for kids
- The best breakfast side dishes for kids
Free printable side dish planner!
Make sure to download our free printable side dish planner! This checklist gives you ideas for side dishes for your kids every day of the week!
What’s your favorite pulled pork side dish?
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈