Want to make a new Christmas tradition? Here are some great ideas for the 12 days of Christmas gifts for kids!
Giving the 12 days of Christmas gifts can be a really sweet Christmas tradition.
You could give these gifts day by day, or wrap and number them and gift them to someone who you might not see every day.
It’s just a nice way to let someone know that you are thinking of them!
For your own kids, you could spin it to be a bit of an advent calendar, but with a twelve days of Christmas theme.
12 days of Christmas gifts for kids
There are a few ways that you can play gifting for the 12 days of Christmas for kids.
12 Days of Christmas song
It can be fun to match your 12 days of Christmas ideas up to the song.
However, when you really listen to the song (or in our case, read the book) you realize – that’s a lot of birds.
Here are some 12 days of Christmas gift ideas that are a bit more practical:
One Partridge in a Pear Tree
- Pear flavored or scented anything
- Canned pears (my kids love the Dole pears in the little peel top packs)
- Actual pears
- Pear cider
Two Turtle Doves
- Turtle anything – little turtle figure, stuffed animal, sticker, socks
- Turtles, like, the candy
- Dove brand chocolates
- Dove brand soap
Three French Hens
- Chicken toy – stuffed animal, sticker, small figure, socks
- Chicken food – any form of chicken they like
- Something french – croissants, baguette, the Eiffel tower
- French onion dip
Four Calling Birds
- Bird feeder or bird seed if you already have a feeder
- Bird house
- Bird toy – stuffed animal, sticker, small figurine
- Bird call
Five Golden Rings
- Onion rings
- Ring pops
- Ring toss
- Hula hoops
- Butterscotch or yellow lifesavers
- Pineapple rings
Six Geese a Laying
- Wooden or plastic eggs
- Chocolate eggs
- Kinder treats that are egg shaped
Seven Swans a Swimming
- Swimming things – swimsuit, pool toy, goggles, etc
- Swan toy – stuffed animal, sticker, small figure, socks
- Swan pool float
- Ugly duckling book
Eight Maids a Milking
- Milk, milkshake
- Milk duds
- Cow toy – stuffed animal, sticker, small figure, socks
Nine Ladies Dancing
- “Dancing” shoes
- One of those toys you push it’s foot and it sings and dances
- Dance party theme – music, small disco ball or light
- Ballet or dance clothing or accessories such as a tutu
Ten Lords a Leaping
- Jump rope
- Trip to a trampoline park
Eleven Pipers Piping
- Small wind instrument – recorder, flute, harmonica,
- Cookie decorating kit/supplies with a piping bag
- Something “piping hot”
Twelve Drummers Drumming
- Drumstick ice creams
- Drumsticks (the meat)
- Small drum
- Nutcracker with drum
- Little Drummer boy book
12 Christmas ornaments
It can also be fun to make or buy 12 new Christmas ornaments for the 12 days of Christmas. These could be themed to match the song or be more personal!
12 days of Christmas –> 12 months of next year
Don’t want to follow the song? The number 12 makes me instantly think of the 12 months fo the year. So, I think you can turn your 12 days of Christmas list into a monthly gift for next year.
- A book to read each month
- A “coupon”, pass, or gift certificate for a certain activity each month
- An activity to do together once a month (great for grandparent gift to grandkids)
What are your favorite 12 days of Christmas gift ideas?!
Thanks for reading!
Hey there, I’m Morgan, the creative mind behind CelebratingWithKids.com! As a parent of two lively little ones, I’ve made it my mission to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures, sharing playful activities, thoughtful toy reviews, and delightful printables to help families celebrate every moment together. 🎉👨👩👧👦🎈